Work In Tune is a creative encounter between two highly professional worlds. We enhance your persuasive power and you acquire concrete tools to act and speak with impact.
We provide you with concrete tools from music and rhetoric – two professional areas that have to do with making impact on other people.
Why musicians’ mindset and tools benefit business performance
- A musicians worklife consists of approximately 30% performance and 70% practice time. That takes a great deal of self leadership, being able to set and reach goals, structuring the day and week, designing workflow and taking care of personal development. We know that in business life the percentages are different.
- We can put musicians together in a musical team – an ensemble or orchestra – but it will never be a great concert if they don’t know how to tune in and connect to each other. For musicians and business people, mastering team connectivity has a lot to do with openness, curiosity, trusting yourself and the team.
- Showing executive presence, owning the stage, interacting with the audience, mastering pauses, being present, using dynamics, volume and tempo to catch and keep the audience’s interest are vital skills for musicians to master. And guess what: These are the skills most business professionals don’t know or forget when they’re too focused on the message itself. The notes or the message are nothing without a great performance of them.
Music is very honest: We know immediately if the musical result is good or bad. There’s no grey zone which is both a blessing and a curse. Imagine having the same transparency and sense of effect in our everyday business presentations and team work.
We DON’T want you to sing or play – we have professionals to do that
Our goal is not that you should learn to sing or play. We let our top professional musicians do the playing and then our job is to adapt their tools and way of thinking to enhance our own leadership and team performances.
Learn more about the skills you can learn to master:
- Self Leadership Basics
- Preparation Methods
- Managing Anxiety in performance situations
- Winning Mindset
- What’s practice and what’s performance?
- Personal Impact & Meaningfulness
- Listening and tuning in
- Lead and being led by others
- Check In Strategies
- Feedback techniques
- Collaboration philosophy and strategy
- Owning the stage
- Audience Interaction
- Mastering shifts in Dynamic when you speak
- Mastering shift in Volume when you speak
- Mastering shift in Tempo when you speak
- Mastering pauses